Waldorf Salad with Smoked Deer Ham
- ½ celery, peeled
- 2 sour apples, peeled and seeded
- 1 carton of sour cream, yoghurt or mayonnaise to taste
- one handful of walnuts
- salt, pepper
- one dash of olive or walnut oil
- goes very well with smoked deer ham or breast of duck
- Chop celery and apples coarsely, chop walnuts coarsely. Mix with remaining ingredients and season to taste. Rest for 3–4 hours.
- Garnish with thin slices of smoked deer ham or breat of duck, serve with fresh baguette.
A nice accompaniment to a glass of Furmint!