Tomato Risotto with Black Olives and Chorizo
- 1–2 large onions, olive oil
- TRUIE or Blaufränkisch
- Salt, chilli
- 1–2 TBL tomato extract
- pulp of 4 peeled tomatoes (or 1 tin of peeled tomatoes)
- 2–3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of risotto rice per person
- 15–20 dag chorizo, cut into thin slices
- 1 small glass of black olives (the better the quality, the better is the risotto)
- Cut the skin of tomatoes crosswise, blanch shortly, remove from water, peel off skin, remove stem and dice.
- Fry slices of chorizo, remove. Dice onions finely, sauté in olive oil, add tomato purée and roast for a short time, pour in at least ¼ l of red wine, boil completely down, add risotto rice and cook over low heat until translucent.
- Add tomato pulp and slices of chorizo, let simmer for a short time and pour in soup. Shortly before the end of cooking time, add olives. Stir in a little parmesan and butter flakes, let simmer for 2–3 minutes and serve.
TRIE is again the ideal accompaniment! The Blaufränkisch-Cabernet would be our second favourite.