Tomato Bread Salad
- 100 ml excellent balsamic vinegar
- 200g stale Ciabatta-bread sliced
- 400 g tomatoes cut in quarters
- 100 g chopped olives (black and
- green mixed)
- 20 large caper berries cut in halves
- salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil
- 1 bunch of basil, finely chopped
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a pan. Put dry slices of bread on a deep baking tray and moisture carefully with warm vinegar. Do not allow to become too moist, the bread should not dissolve.
- Combine tomatoes, olives and capers in a bowl and mix with the remaining vinegar. Dice the marinated bread coarsely and toss gently together with the basil.
- If dry bread is not available, fresh bread can be toasted in the oven until dry.
Try the TRIE with it!