- 150 g fresh sauerkraut
- 50 g onions
- 2 finger-thick slices of bacon
- some butter
- 1/16 white wine
- 1 l soup or water
- a pinch of sugar, salt
- bag with spices (prevents you from removing spices one by one):
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 juniper berries
- some pepper corns
- 1/8 cream
We have tried it at the last ProWein in Düsseldorf–fabulous!
- Wash fresh sauerkraut and cut finely. Chop onions and bacon and brown in melted butter. Add white wine or soup. Season with a pinch of sugar and salt.
- Add bag with spices and let boil for 30–40 minutes. Remove bag of spices.
- Blend with a hand-held blender and press through a sieve. Complete with cream and bring to a reboil for a short time.
- If desired, serve with browned dices of black bread. By the way–the best sauerkraut we have ever tastes comes from Erich Stekovics!
Goes well with Sauvignon blanc and Furmint!