Risotto with Breast of Duck and Dried Plums
- 1–2 large onions
- olive oil
- Welschriesling or Furmint
- salt, pepper
- 1 cup of risotto rice per person
- 1 breast of duck or remains from the Martini or Christmas goose
- dried plums
- Port (simple Ruby-quality is sufficient)
- flakes of butter
- Chop onions, simmer in olive oil until translucent, pour minimum of 1/4l white wine, boil completely down, add risotto rice and simmer over low heat until translucent.
- Pour soup, add (previously roasted) breast of duck or remaining roasted goose and chopped dried plums to taste and let simmer.
- Shortly before the risotto rice is done, complete with liquid cream if desired. At the end, season to taste with a dash of port, toss in butter flakes and a little parmesan, let simmer for 2–3 minutes and serve.
Goes very well with our barrique-red wines! Our tip: Blaufränkisch Reserve or Shiraz.