- Quiche dough:
- 1 egg
- 200 g flour
- 100 g butter (room temperature)
- a pinch of salt and sugar,water
- 100 g bacon or ham
- 100 g grated Emmentaler
- 3 eggs
- ¼ l cream
- butter flakes
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- For the pastry combine all ingredients and knead well, roll out several times and fold together again. Rest for some time in the refrigerator (1 hour to 1 day).
- Roll pastry out until 4 mm thick and put into a greased pie dish. Beat eggs with cream, add two thirds of the cheese and spices. Cut bacon in small strips and add. Pour mixture into the dish, spread with cheese, top with flakes of butter and bake at 180–200 ˚C for ca. 35 minutes.
- Serve together with green salad.
Enjoy with Sauvignon blanc.