- 30 g butter
- some small sprigs of majoram
- red onions ( better but difficult to buy: pink Roscoff onions from Brittany)
- 1 pound waxy potatoes
- 200 g matured mountain cheese, grated
- olive oil, salt, crushed pepper, crème fraîche, herbs to garnish
- Cut onions into 5 mm thick slices. Melt 30 g of butter in a frying pan, add marojam and onions and sautée gently.
- Peel potatoes and cut them into thin slices with a cucumber slicer. Mix with the mountain cheese, 2 tbs. of olive oil, salt and the crushed pepper.
- Place onions regularly in the pan and top with the potatoe mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approx. 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Take out, turn upside down and share fairly. Serve with a spoonful of crème fraîche and garnish with herbs.