Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 onion, 4 carrots, ¼ celery root, 2 bay leaves
- 4 TBL olive oil
- 300g red beans (Borlotti)
- 1 small corned beef
- 150 g Tagliatelle
- 2 sage leaves, 1 branch of rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil
- garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan
- Soak beans in cold water over-night, drain and rinse.
- Chop onions, carrots and celery, brown with bay leaves in oil and add 1,5 l water. Add the soaked beans and the small corned knuckle of pork, simmer. When almost done, add pasta and boil until al dente. Salt and season with the chopped herbs, pepper and some crushed garlic. To thicken, take out part of the beans, puree and stir in again.
- Spread with butter and parmesan, add olive oil and serve.
Goes excellently with our classic Blaufränkisch!