Orecchiette with Spinach-Cream Sauce
- 1–2 onions
- olive oil
- 250 smoked bacon
- 2–3 cloves of garlic
- 1 package frozen cream spinach (ca. 450 g)
- ¼ l cream
- sour cream
- pepper or chilli
- 250 g Orecchiette (or similar pasta like Penne, rigatoni..)
- freshly grated parmesan
- Chop onions and bacon finely. Sauté bacon over medium heat, in case bacon is not greasy enough, add a little olive oil, add onions, cook until golden-brown, pour minimum ¼ l of Welschriesling, and boil completely down.
- Add thawed frozen cream-spinach (cream-spinach works much better than mashed spinach) and pour cream (for a lighter version: Replace cream partly or totally by coffee milk–such as Maresi light). Simmer over low heat for 10–15 minutes, season to taste with sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper or chilli and perhaps some stock cube–ready!
- Blend with Orecchiette al dente, serve with freshly grated parmesan.
Enjoy this dish with a sufficient amount of TRIE.