Onion Toast and roasted Mushrooms
- 4 yellow onions peeled and cut into 0,5 cm thick slices
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs sugar
- 4 tbs TRIE red – already tasted
- 300 g brown, firm seasonal mushrooms
- approx. 180 g Gruyere cut into fine slices
- 8 slices of whole wheat toast
- soft butter to spread on the toast
- salt, pepper
- Roast onions gently in a non-stick frying pan with 1 tbs of oil until slightly brown. Add sugar and caramelize. Add red wine and allow to reduce. Salt, pepper and leave to cool.
- Halve or quarter the mushrooms depending on size. Butter 4 slices of toast, top with cheese, onions and another layer of cheese and top with the second slice of toast.
- Grill toast in a toaster oven (alternative frying pan) until crispy.
- Meanwhile heat remaining olive oil in the frying pan where you roasted the onions, sear mushrooms and shake well. Add herbs after approx. 3 minutes and continue to roast for another minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice toasts in half on a diagonal (otherwise it doesn´t taste) and serve with the mushrooms.
Poor eaters may like it as main dish. Those who manage the whole portion are optimally prepared for the next TRIE magnum.