No Knead Bread
- 400 g flour (you can take every type of flour from spelt to cake wheat flour or whole wheat flour – we often mix them)
- 320 ml water
- some butter to brown
- 1 ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 pinch of ascorbic acid
- optional: spices like cilandro, ground caraway, fennel, anise seeds etc.
- Mix flour, salt, ascorbic acid and yeast in a bowl. Add water and mix together. Cover bowl with a foil and keep cool for 18 hours.
- After that time a dough with small bubbles has formed.
- Dredge worktop in flour. Place dough on the floured table and fold it four times like an envelope. Don´t knead.
- Place it into a heat-resistant saucepan with the folded side down. Close the pan with a lid. Important! Neither pan nor lid should have plastic handles!
- Preheat the oven to 250°C top/bottomheat and put the saucepan into the oven. Reduce temperature to 230°C and bake for 30 minutes. Remove lid and and brown the bread for another 20 minutes.