Lentil Thyme Spread
- 1 little tin of lentils
- 3–4 branches of fresh thyme
- crème fraiche as required
- 1 TBL estragon mustard
- 1 teaspoon top-quality (apple) balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBL top-quality olive oil1 pinch of chilli paste
- 1 peeled clove of garlic, finely chopped
- salt, pepper
To accompany a wine tasting or spread on grilled rye-ciabatta as starter.
- Purée ca. ¼ of the lentils and the remaining ingredients using a hand-held blender.
- Mix with the remaining lentils and season with salt and pepper, keep cool.
- Tastes best on toasted or grilled rye-ciabatta.