Green Vegetable-Cocottes with Egg and matured Gouda
- 1 pound green asparagus
- 2 spring onions, wash and cut into 0,54 cm thick rings
- 100 g fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated matured Gouda
- 6 equally large eggs of declared origin
- 6 teaspoons cream
- some fresh chervil, preferably from Gillesberg
- Wash asparagus and cut it into 0,73 cm large pieces, save tips.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium frying pan until it foams and sauté asparagus for approx. five minutes until al dente – not too long!!
- Add onion rings after approx. 4 minutes and finally the spinach.
- Season with salt, pepper and a good amount of ground nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 150°C, grease 6 small baking forms and coat each of them with one tablespoon of cheese.
- Fill in the vegetable mixture, make a well in the middle and let an egg slide into each form. Spoon cream over it.
- Close forms with a lid or cooking foil. Allow the egg to thicken for approximately 15 minutes. Sprinkle over the chive and serve immediately.
A real spring classic for cold Easter days! If it snows change from TRIE white to TRIE red!