Gols Cabbage Strudel
Ca. 6 Servings
- 250 g curd cheese
- 250 g flour
- 250 g butter
- 2–3 medium sized onions
- ½ head of cabbage, finely chopped
- cream or crème fraiche to taste
- salt, pepper
- 2–3 TBL herbs (parsley, chive, marjoram..)
- ca. 250 g minced meat
- 50 g smoked bacon
- olive oil, one beaten egg to coat
Hearty strudel for the hunger „afterwards“.
- Beat butter until fluffy, add curd and flour and mix well to make a dough, let rest for half an hour.
- Dice onions, sauté in olive oil together with the bacon and the minced meat, add cabbage and fry, season with salt, pepper, chopped herbs, cream or crème fraiche, allow mixture to cool.
- Roll out the dough to 2–3 mm on a floured surface, spread cabbage mixture, roll, coat with egg yolk, bake at 200ºC for appr. 50 min until golden-brown.
- Serve with herb-yoghurt sauce and green salad.