10–14 servings depending on bowl size
- 800 ml cream
- 230 g egg yolk
- 130 g sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- Bring 400 ml sweet cream, 65 g sugar and the content of 2 vanilla beans to a boil.
- Mix remaining sugar and 230 g egg yolk and slowly add heated up cream-sugar-mixture. Then add the remaining cold cream.
- Let rest for a short time, press through a sieve and pour into crème brulée bowls.
- Place the small bowls in a hot bain-marie and poach in the oven at 150 ˚C for one hour, chill thoroughly (over night in the refrigerator).
- Sprinkle with sugar shortly before serving and melt sugar using a hand-held torch. Garnish with fresh berries.
(Almost) our favourite recipe to match a glass of Ruster Ausbruch.