- 1 cup risotto rice per person
- some butter
- Sauvignon blanc
- olive oil
- 1–2 large onions
- 1 bunch of white asparagus for 2 servings
- lemon juice
- some fine slices of Prosciutto or San Daniele give an extra-fine touch!
- For the fond, blend 1 l of water, pieces and peels of asparagus, juice of half a lemon, salt and a pinch of sugar (or one slice of white bread)–this takes the bitter flavour away–bring to the boil.
- Boil down to ca. ½ l of liquid.
- Sauté finely diced onion with a little olive oil. Pour in a minimum of ¼ l Sauvignon blanc and boil down completely. Add rice, stir well. Add soup so that the rice is always covered and let simmer.
- Cut asparagus in ca. 2 cm pieces, stir into the rice and after additional three minutes add butter and parmesan while stirring continuously, let simmer for a short time. Season to taste with lemon juice and a little chopped chervil.
Goes well with Sauvignon blanc–actually, the 2004 vintage is the official wine of the Asparagus Restaurants in Carinthia!